The Body Mass Index Calculator can give you a general idea of whether your body weight is right for your height. By entering your height and weight, you can check if you are underweight, overweight, or just right.
This BMI Calculator is for middle-aged men and women. It may not be accurate for pregnant or nursing women, competitive athletes, and the elderly. It is also not accurate for children, because the normal BMI ranges for children are different, and vary according to age and gender.
If you have used other A.D.A.M. tools, some of this information may be filled in for you.
- Enter your weight in the box provided.
- If you entered your weight in kilograms, select Kilograms from the drop-down list.
- Enter your height.
- Select feet and inches or meters and centimeters from the drop-down list.
- Select your status: None (N/A), Bodybuilding/Athlete, Pregnant, Breastfeeding, or Under 18 years old.
- Click Submit/Calculate.
- To enter new height and weight measurements, click Try Again.